Decision Maker: Executive Member for Highways & Transportation, both road and rail. bus services and engagement with Transport for the North
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
To seek approval to submit bid for
Approval for the submission of a bid for the
LEVI Pilot Fund which, if successful will bring in £2.0M of
capital funding to NYCC. A further report will be brought forward
if successful, with full details, prior to acceptance of the
Not open to call-in as Urgency procedure applies.
If the bid is successful, it will enable the
Council to begin to address issues of social isolation, poor
digital connectivity and climate change in our rural
A range of schemes that fit the criteria and
locations were explored with Climate Leads within North Yorkshire
and its partner District and Borough authorities, schemes were
ruled out based on criteria set by OZEV but also additional
criteria that was refined through the Climate Leads group. These
• Are they rural? (under 3k population)
• Is there a lack of off street parking?
• Do the estimated grid connection costs/capacity make this site prohibitively expensive or difficult to deliver?
• Is the area a ‘tourist location’?
• Suitability for testing their linked renewable generation capability and rural nature e.g. ensuring we do not select somewhere that’s predominantly in shade for solar testing or somewhere with no running water for small scale hydro.
Publication date: 16/06/2022
Date of decision: 16/06/2022