Decision Maker: Executive Member for Open to Business
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Acceptance of three grant applications for
funding from Government departments
• £268,250 from BEIS for delivery of the York and North Yorkshire Growth Hub business support service;
• £277,000 from DfE for delivery of the York and North Yorkshire Careers Hub Network;
• submission of a full application to the DCMS Create Growth Programme
Grant Acceptance of :
• £268,250 from Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) for delivery of the York and North Yorkshire Growth Hub business support service;
• £277,000 from Department for Education (DfE) for delivery of the York and North Yorkshire Careers Hub Network, to provide support services to 75 schools and colleges.
NB The DCMS Create Growth Programme Grant Application decision is no longer required due to the Expression of Interest being unsuccessful (confirmation by email from DCMS dated 21/7/2022).
Decision taken by Executive Member for Open to Business, in consultation with the Executive Member for Education, Learning and Skills and Corporate Director – Business and Environmental Services, Corporate Director – Strategic Services and the Assistant Chief Executive Legal and Democratic Services
Acceptance of these grants enables continuity
in 2022/23 of services provided by York and North Yorkshire Local
Enterprise Partnership (under NYCC as Accountable Body) as in
previous years for :
• York and North Yorkshire Growth Hub business support service; and
• York and North Yorkshire Careers Hub Network providing Careers Information Advice and Guidance (IAG) to schools and colleges.
Publication date: 29/07/2022
Date of decision: 29/07/2022