Venue: Council Chamber, County Hall, Northallerton
Contact: Daniel Harry
Note: This is the re-convened meeting of the Full Council following the adjournment of the meeting held on 22 February 2023. This meeting will commence at item 12 on the agenda i.e. ‘The report and recommendations of the Executive’
· Revenue Budget and MTFS (this is scheduled for consideration earlier in the agenda)
· Council Plan (this is scheduled for consideration earlier in the agenda)
· Constitution (this is scheduled for consideration earlier in the agenda)
· Report of the Member Working Group on Planning
· Admission arrangements (school) (full copy of the report included in papers)
· Housing Revenue Account Budget
· North Yorkshire Council Pay Policy
· Independent Remuneration Panel recommendations for 2023/24 (Member Allowances) (this is scheduled for consideration later in the agenda)
· Counter fraud policies
· Risk Management Policy
· Approval of the appointment and remuneration of Chief Officers
· York and North Yorkshire Devolution – Outcome of Consultation
· Outcome of consultation on taxi licensing policy and conditions – verbal update following Executive on 21 February 2023
To consider and approve the recommendations of the Independent Remuneration Panel for 2023/24 (Member Allowances).
Statements of Executive Members and Chairmen of Overview and Scrutiny Committees
Overview and Scrutiny Chairs:
Notices of Motion
Notice of Motion regarding the new Constitution for North Yorkshire Council
“The proposed constitution contains clauses which markedly limit the time allowed for questions and statements by members in Council meetings to both the Leader and to members of the Executive.
· Clause10.2 paragraph (c) in the section entitled COUNCIL PROCEDURE RULES, refers to questions and statements to the Leader and limits them to a total of 10minutes.
· Clause 10.3 paragraph (d) in the same section, similarly limits questions and statements to Executive member to a total of 5 minutes.
Were these two clauses to be implemented then effective questioning in the public forum of both the Leader and Executive Members would be guillotined.
Council therefore agrees to remove these two clauses from the proposed constitution.”
Proposer – County Councillor Bryn Griffiths
Seconder – County Councillor Stuart Parsons
Council Procedure Rule 10 Questions